Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Folding Stretcher Help With This Poem Please..?

Help with this poem please..? - folding stretcher

This poem is a glimpse into the camp at dusk and dark "by Walt Whitman. I have to answer some questions about it for homework, but do not quite understand the problem:

A show at the camp at dusk and dark gray,
From my tent, I left so early sleepless,
If slow path in the fresh air the path near the hospital,
Three forms I see lying on a stretcher, taken from unattended
For each run, extended coverage, full coverage of brown wool,
Gray and a heavy blanket, folding, for all.
Curious, I hear silence and
Then, with the fingers of light from the face of the next first
just lift the cover;
Who are you elderly man so thin, dark hair well gray'd,
Meat and all sunk in the eyes?
Who are you, my dear comrade?
Then, while the second part - and you are my son and my love?
Who are you sweet boy with cheeks yet?
Then in the third - a face nor child nor old, very quiet, by
beautiful yellow-white ivory;
I think YoungI know that - I think this face is the face of
Christ himself,
Dead and divine and brother of all, and here he lies.


What do you think the problem?

1 comment:

alex cullen said...

I think the question here is death, so, are the plain and simple, but the writing seems a little complicated, but the point behind all the death / he saw her on a stretcher. or another element may be sacrificed

Post a Comment